For 15 years, Dreggors, Rigsby & Teal, P.A. has been proud to support the local chapters of Rotary International. In fact, several of our employees are members of all three local chapters – the Downtown, Noon and Breakfast Rotary clubs in DeLand. We enjoy giving back to the community and networking in Rotary; there are so many benefits to being involved in these clubs.
As part of that commitment, Dreggors Rigsby & Teal is proud to sponsor Rotary events. You probably have heard of the one that occurs each year in early May: The Wild Game Feast. We get knee-deep in this one! Our very own CPA and partner Ron Cantlay is a longtime member of the DeLand Breakfast Rotary, and helps to plan out the huge “Feast” every year for the club. This year, the May 1 evening of wild game dishes – including wild boar stew and fried rattlesnake – and camaraderie, welcomed a record 1,300 guests and netted approximately $85,000.
The majority of expenses of the Feast are offset by corporate sponsorships, so there’s a healthy amount to give to community nonprofits and organizations each year. So, after the numbers are crunched and nonprofits apply for grants, the DeLand Breakfast Rotary doles out the funds. Past recipients of Wild Game Feast funds include the West Volusia YMCA, The Neighborhood Center of Wet Volusia, The Good Samaritan Clinic, Volusia County Council on Aging, and many more. The $85,000 distributed this year will bring the Wild Game Feast/DeLand Breakfast Rotary’s total contributions to community agencies to more than $1.425 million.
We welcome you to join us next year; the Wild Game Feast will be held May 7, 2015. If you’d like to get involved in the Rotary and join one of our staff members for breakfast or lunch sometime, we’d to have you! Please call Ron at our office at 386-734-9441. Join Dreggors, Rigsby & Teal in giving back…it’s a great feeling.
Tax time is a great time to dust off your financial plan. While you’re settling up with Uncle Sam for 2013, start making plans to reduce your tax liability for 2014 and take a good, hard look at your overall financial strategy.
You should have a written financial plan that serves as a road map to financial security. It should provide a vision of where you want to go and what steps you need to get there.
Here are some things you should include in your financial plan:
1. Set a budget to make sure you’re living within your means while paying off debt and setting aside savings for the future. Make sure you plan ahead for college, health care bills, retirement living and surprise expenses.
2. Contribute to a retirement plan. Whether it’s a 401(k), IRA or government pension, your retirement plan offers significant tax savings and will help to ensure that you will live comfortably in your golden years.
3. Review your insurance coverages to make sure they’re adequate for your current situation. You might be spending too much – or too little – on your auto, homeowners, life, long-term and short-term disability, long-term care, personal liability and umbrella policies.
4. Assess your investments to make sure you have a balanced, well-performing portfolio. Your portfolio should be invested based on your current financial plan. If you have had a life-changing event or have not updated your investment mix in a few years, you should re-evaluate and re-balance your portfolio to get it in line with your current needs.
5. Take stock of your end-of-life documents. You should have a valid and updated will or trust to make sure your estate goes to the appropriate people or organizations with minimal loss to probate. Make sure your advance health care directive and living will leave no doubt about the care you desire in your final days.
Update your plan as you face major life changes – marriage, birth of a child, career change, college, divorce, death of a spouse, and retirement. Track your progress to make sure you will reach your financial goals.
Whether you don’t have a plan or you want to update your current plan, contact us for a free consultation at (386) 734-9441 or email@example.com. Our team of financial professionals will provide you with sound advice and tailor-made solutions.